Thursday, August 16, 2007

Beef Stroganoff

My ladies group at church has been working on a cookbook project this year, and the finished product finally arrived last Sunday. I saw an easy recipe for beef stroganoff that caught my eye, so I thought I'd try it out tonight. I made some alterations along the way, and here's what I ended up doing.

1 lb. super lean ground beef
1/2 large onion, chopped small
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can (10.75oz) cream of mushroom soup
3-4 dashes of paprika
1 bag of extra large egg noodles, cooked per package directions

So you start off with cooking the onions and ground beef in a skillet until browned, adding the salt & pepper to taste. Turn the heat down to low and after a few minutes of cooling add the cream of mushroom soup, the sour cream, and the paprika. Mix well and let it simmer while you cook the noodles. Serve the meat sauce over the noodles (I like to mix them together before serving to separate dishes). Serves 4-6 people.

Yes, this is a simple recipe (not at all authentic), but it has a very decent (yummy) flavor and it feels great in your tummy when you just need some comfort food. Hey, even Andrew ate it, and that's saying something!!

No comments: